AUTOMOTIVE QAULITY ISO/ TS 16949
The ISO/TS 16949 is an ISO technical specification aiming to the development of a quality management system in Automobile Companies that provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain. It is based on the ISO 9001 and the first edition was published in March 2002 as ISO/TS 16949.
The ISO/TS 16949 can be applied throughout the supply chain in the automotive industry. A certification takes place on the basis of the certification rules issued by the IATF International Automotive Task Force. The certificate is valid for the length of three years and must be confirmed annually by an IATF certified auditor (3rd Party Auditor) of an accredited certification body. Thereafter follows the re-certification for another three years with a fresh annual confirmation. A certificate according to ISO/TS 16949 is intended to build up or enforce the confidence of a (potential) customer into the system and process quality of a (potential) supplier. Today, a supplier without a valid certificate has very little chance to serve a Tier 1 supplier and certainly no chance to serve a car manufacturer (OEM) with standard parts.
ADVANTAGES OF TS 16949 CERTIFICATION
Provide & enhanced customer confidence and satisfaction, which in turn can lead to increased business opportunities.
- Commercial advantage confirming your efficiency and guaranteeing the quality of your processes and their development.
- Common language to improve understanding of quality requirements hence reducing confusion.
- Ensures your products and services effectively meet customer specific requirements.
- Ensuring mistake proffering mechanism for prevention of defects in earlier stage.
- Reduction in variation of quality & Increased efficiency of production.
- Provide frame work to measure your progress towards continual improvement of business performance creating a benchmark.
- Helps improve your organizational performance.
ISO / TS 16949 IMPLEMENTATION RESULTS IN THE FOLLOWING DIRECT
ADVANTAGES OF THE ORGANIZATION
- Create a more efficient and effective business environment.
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Reduction in customer complaints by having Right – First Time.
- Enhance marketing and branding of the organization.
- Improve employee motivation, awareness, and morale.
- Promote international trade.
- Increases profit by having enhanced control over processes.
- Reduce waste and increases productivity.