ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management System Standard
What is ISO 9001 Standard?
It is an International standard for Quality Management System, developed by global experts. It was first launched in 1987, amended thereafter in 1994, 2000, 2008 and now 2015 version. It is based upon eight principles of quality management and it lays emphasis on process approach which means identification of various processes of your business, establishing criteria of effectiveness of each process and its monitoring and measurement at a defined frequency. It advocates system approach, Leadership, employee participation & use of collective wisdom. It is being followed voluntarily and implemented in the organizations world over. It recommends use of Dr. Deming’s cycle / PDCA cycle – Plan-DO-Check & Act principles.
Its focus is on understanding the context of the organization, needs of the customer, maintaining documented information to support QMS. Leadership & commitment are pillars of this standard. It imbibes the philosophy of “Do it right the First Time & Every Time”.
This standard believes in transparency of the system, evidence of performance and Quality as Every Ones responsibility in the organization. It acts as a management tool to achieve continual improvement in effectiveness of the QMS.
Benefits of ISO 9001:2015
- Provides a documented Quality management system.
- Ensures consistency in Product Quality.
- Reduces risk in the business and develops better understanding of internal and external issues of the organization.
- Brings in operational effectiveness of business.
- Encourages customer satisfaction and management commitment .
- Provides more confidence to customers & recognition.
- Provides more transparency within the organization.
- Encourages Team Work and develops better understanding among employees.
- Provides data base for decision making.
- Initiates process of continuous improvement in the Company.
- Profitable since it encourages optimum utilization of resources and reduces Waste
- Meets mandatory requirement of domestic & overseas customers.
- Acts as additional Marketing Tool.